Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation Instructions and Preparation
Leading Up to Day of Oral Surgery:
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the night prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose comfortable fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset stomach please notify the office ASAP.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Moya or Dr. Maida prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Download a printable version of these instructions…
Experience Exceptional Service & Quality Oral Surgery Care.
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.